Mission – provide affordable quality child care for a diverse community
Tag Line is to Develop and Nurture All children. Underlying philosophy is “children first” used to guide program decisions.
- Child care services begin at birth through 5 th grade (after school and during school breaks/holidays)
- Provide safe developmentally appropriate activities and a quality, learning environment to grow learn and develop, school readiness opportunities for preschool age children and a before and after school program for elementary age children
- No additional fees for meals, registration, activities, transportation, etc.
- Sliding scale fees for low-income and/or otherwise eligible
- School Readiness Integration (SRI) partnership with Abilene ISD incorporates certified AISD teachers that spend their day in preschool classrooms delivering certified instruction, staff mentoring and progress monitoring to assure children are on the road to being school ready; the school year ends with a celebration (graduation ceremony)
- Texas School Ready! (TSR!) – comprehensive preschool teacher training program for Day Nursery of Abilene staff working with three-year olds combining a research-based, state-adopted curriculum with ongoing professional development and progress monitoring tools. The goal of this program is to help children be better prepared for school.
- Texas Rising Star (TRS) - voluntary plan to improve the quality of child care by meeting program criteria that exceeds the State’s Minimum Standards for Child Care Licensing. Each Day Nursery center is 4-star rated, the highest rating available.
- Parent education and involvement opportunities to support children’s learning and creating the connection between home and school